Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Workshop - January 23, 2010

Here’s a brief overview of the topics we were educated on:

  • Discussed the faires, schools, team building events, and other items we attended last year.


  • Introduced our characters all around. We’ve begun a firm foundation on which to build at future workshops.


  • Danced: Black Allemande, The Montarde Bransle, Queen Mary’s Promenade, Sellinger’s Round, Picking of Sticks, Black Nag, Gathering Peascods, and Chestnut


  • Reviewed a brief history of Mary Stuart & Elizabeth Tudor and how their lives are entwined, with focus on the 1560’s & 1570’s.


  • Learned dance history


  • Received some basic proverbs & expressions that were used in the Renaissance.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings! I was checking to make sure my own post was coming up properly and googled your blog :) I'm a dance teacher from the Texas Renaissance Festival, and it always warms my heart to see others dancing Gathering Peascods. But I am intrigued - what is "Queen Mary's Promenade"? It sounds like fun!

    And as an aside, Black Nag is I think one of my favorite English Country Dances in the whole world.

    <3 Genevieve
    http://countstonine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genevieve, I'm uncertain how to respond to you directly, if by chance you read this, please send me an email at lady_kyra@yahoo.com.

    Thanks!
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete